Estate Planning Lawyers Serving Hopkinton
Secure Your Future with an Estate Plan
Estate planning is an important consideration as you begin to age and accrue wealth. By drafting an estate plan, you protect you and your family in the event that something happens to you. Our estate planning attorneys at Marsden Law P.C. help Hopkinton clients determine the elements they need to include in their estate plan to provide the best possible future for themselves and those closest to them.
Consult a dedicated professional regarding your estate plan. Contact one of our attorneys today.
Do I Need a Trust?
Including trusts in your estate plan gives you the most authority over how, when, and to whom your assets are distributed. Just like estate planning, it isn’t necessary, but it certainly improves your future and the future of your loved ones.
Trusts exist in a variety of forms to accomplish a plethora of objectives. Our estate planning lawyers can help evaluate your case and recommend the ones that would be most beneficial for you. We’ll then take care of drafting the trusts for you. Some trusts we can help the Hopkinton community with include:
- Revocable trusts, which allow for the transfer of assets during the author’s lifetime. The trust may be edited or revoked.
- Irrevocable trusts, which place a property in a trust and prohibits its removal from the trust and any changes or revoking of the trust.
- Charitable remainder trusts, which allow for the decedent to give to the charities they support after they pass.
- Credit shelter trusts, which allow you to put an amount of money up to the estate-tax limit in a trust and pass the rest of the estate to the spouse without incurring taxes.
- Qualified domestic trusts, which, when applicable, allow the decedent’s non-citizen spouse to benefit from the marital deduction usually obtained by other American married couples.
Trusts are designed for specific scenarios. By contacting one of our attorneys, we’ll start to understand yours and establish trusts that work for you.
What Is Included in Estate Planning?
Estate planning solidifies arrangements for all your belongings. Our attorneys will help you incorporate several documents to create a thorough and holistic plan. An estate plan typically includes:
- Writing a legal will
- Drafting trusts
- Appointing powers of attorney
- Settling guardianship decisions
- Planning for long-term care
By incorporating all of the above, so long as they’re relevant to you, you put yourself in an ideal place as you enter the next chapter of your life. All of your assets and decisions are accounted for, so you can continue to live worry-free as you age into the future you designed.
Call our estate planning attorneys in Hopkinton to begin your estate plan: (800) 828-7854.
“I highly recommend Marsden Law for anyone dealing with the financial (and emotional) needs of caring for an elder parent.”- Brian O.
“Knowledgeable”- Bill W.
“Professionalism, Responsiveness”- Denise K.
Responsive to Clients' Needs
Free Initial Case Consultations
Over 15+ Years of Experience
Simplify Complex Legal Matters
Flat Fee for Life Pricing
No matter the size of your estate, it is important to take the time to assess your situation and draft a comprehensive estate plan that includes a last will and testament, strategies to minimize taxes, a durable power of attorney, and guardianship for any minor children. Marsden Law P.C. will develop a custom estate plan that covers your unique needs and ensures you and your loved ones are prepared for major life events and emergencies.