Probate Lawyer Serving Millis
Professional Guidance Through the Probate Process
Probate is dreaded by many, but the process can be simplified and made more tolerable with the help of Marsden Law P.C. By recruiting the help of our probate lawyer, you can achieve peace of mind knowing that the process is being handled adeptly, so you can take this needed time to be with your family and loved ones while you cope with your loss.
Call Marsden Law P.C. for dedicated assistance handling probate in Millis: (800) 828-7854.
How Can a Probate Attorney Help?
Though not technically necessary, a lawyer is an invaluable resource when facing probate. The decedent may name an executor in their will to handle the probate process. However, the tasks required of the executor are large and demanding for someone still mourning the loss of a loved one.
Our lawyer sympathizes with the pain of loss intrinsic in probate and is here to handle the arduous tasks involved so you have the time and space necessary to grieve. Our probate attorney will:
- Present the will to probate court and verify its authenticity and validity
- Settle the decedent’s outstanding debts
- Contact the beneficiaries
- Distribute assets according to the will
- Close the estate
- Complete and file all associated paperwork
- Handle all communication between the court, creditors, and beneficiaries
We remain available to solve any problems and mitigate any conflicts that arise throughout the process. Marsden Law P.C. is available to fulfill any needs you have to make a hard time a little easier by taking care of these tasks.
Options for Handling an Estate
Massachusetts offers a few methods for handling an estate. Our lawyer can help with whichever you choose to follow, including:
- Informal probate, which is handled by a Massachusetts Uniform Probate Code Magistrate instead of a judge, and requires no hearings, giving it the potential to be a faster process
- Formal probate, which occurs in front of a judge and necessitates a hearing
- Late and limited formal probate, which can settle the will of someone who passed away more than three years ago
- Voluntary admission, which is an alternative to probate when the value of assets is less than $25,000, regardless of if the decedent left a will
No matter the method you choose to settle your estate, Marsden Law P.C. offers the experience you need to handle the process efficiently.
Call (800) 828-7854 to learn more about how we can help Millis clients with probate.
“Giving a huge shoutout to Holliston's local Attorney, Jay Marsden, who came to our rescue on an estate matter earlier this week ...”- Mary C.
“I highly recommend Marsden Law for anyone dealing with the financial (and emotional) needs of caring for an elder parent.”- Brian O.
“Knowledgeable”- Bill W.
Responsive to Clients' Needs
Free Initial Case Consultations
Over 15+ Years of Experience
Simplify Complex Legal Matters
Flat Fee for Life Pricing
No matter the size of your estate, it is important to take the time to assess your situation and draft a comprehensive estate plan that includes a last will and testament, strategies to minimize taxes, a durable power of attorney, and guardianship for any minor children. Marsden Law P.C. will develop a custom estate plan that covers your unique needs and ensures you and your loved ones are prepared for major life events and emergencies.